- Eval hash added
- Pawn hash added
- The zobrist keys are now pseudorandom, meaning they stay the same when restarting the application
- Pawn zobrist key added to the Board class
- Pawn eval divided between structure and passed pawns to fit with the pawn hash
- Switched name between 'depth' and 'ply' in the search, depth is the number of plies left to search ply is the number of plies deep the search currently is
- Fractional plies added
- Matethreat extension and pawn to 7th rank extension added
- It is now possible to change the transposition table size in the mediocre.ini file
I made new addition to the readme.txt about setting the hash table size, here it is so you do not miss it. :)
Mediocre now comes with mediocre.ini in which you can set the size of the hash tables, and decide wether the own opening book should be used.Have fun playing around with it. :)
Since Mediocre is a Java engine it gets 64mb RAM allocated by default. In the .bat file I have now added "-Xmx1024M" which allocates 1024mb RAM instead. This is NOT the size of the hash tables or how much RAM Mediocre will use, it is merely the maximum amount the application CAN use.
If you set the size of the hash table to anything larger than the allocated memory Mediocre will not run. If you want more RAM to be allocated simply increase the number in the -Xmx1024M (e.g. -Xmx2048M). Again this is not how much the application will use, but how much it can use. Decreasing the number will have no other effect than not making Mediocre start if hash table size is set to anything larger.
Edit: Fixed the version number in the application. Thanks Jim for noticing.